Two senior football players at Mt. De Sales will be heading off to college in the fall. John-Garett Abernathy signed with Mercer University. He played defensive-end and long-snapper for the cavaliers. Abernathy wants to eventually be a veterinarian when he gets out of college. Myles Swain, who played running back for Mount De Sales also signed to play college football. Swain is following in his brothers footsteps and will be playing for the Naval Academy in the fall. Congratulations to Abernathy and Swain.
It was a big day for Baldwin High School. Four players committed to colleges outside the state of Georgia. Donte Beckham who plays defensive back will be traveling all the way to Kansas to play for Hutchinson Community College. Defensive end Wydeldric Denson and free safety Raheem Waller are going to Garden city Community College in Kansas. Quarterback Deandre Thomas is going to Carson Newman College in Jefferson City Tennesse. Thomas will get to play baseball and football for Carson Newman. Congratulations to all the student-athletes at Baldwin High.
FORSYTH, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) - Three players committed their futures to schools across the country.
Jay Beckham committed to Fort Valley State University, G.J. Howland signed with the Air Force Academy, and Taylor Williams is headed to Wingate University in North Carolina.
Mary Persons Head Coach, Rodney Walker told the signees to have fun playing football in college, but be sure to finish with a degree.
More Headlines From 41NBC.com:
- 7 Dublin Players to Continue Football Careers in College
- Taylor County Sends 3 to Fort Valley State
- Southwest Player Signs with Mercer University
- Dodge County Athlete Signs with UGA
- Four Players from Houston County High Sign with Schools Across the Country
- 2 Perry Panthers Sign to Play College Football
- 7 Peach Co. Student Athletes Sign to Play College Football
- Seven Sign Letter of Intent to Play College Football from Dublin High School