It was a big day for Baldwin High School. Four players committed to colleges outside the state of Georgia. Donte Beckham who plays defensive back will be traveling all the way to Kansas to play for Hutchinson Community College. Defensive end Wydeldric Denson and free safety Raheem Waller are going to Garden city Community College in Kansas. Quarterback Deandre Thomas is going to Carson Newman College in Jefferson City Tennesse. Thomas will get to play baseball and football for Carson Newman. Congratulations to all the student-athletes at Baldwin High.
FORSYTH, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) - Three players committed their futures to schools across the country.
Jay Beckham committed to Fort Valley State University, G.J. Howland signed with the Air Force Academy, and Taylor Williams is headed to Wingate University in North Carolina.
Mary Persons Head Coach, Rodney Walker told the signees to have fun playing football in college, but be sure to finish with a degree.
DUBLIN, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) - It was an exciting day for Dublin High School Coach Roger Holmes, as seven young men signed their letters to four different schools.
Twins Rob and Ben East are coming to Macon to be a part of the reformed Mercer Bears team.
Two others, Joshua Kates and Rayshaw O'Neal, put their names on the line, to pad up for Union College in Kentucky.
Trevious Williams and Natavious Daniel will be joining forces on defense for Point University in West Georgia.
Cedric O'neal decided on Valdosta State University.
Coach Holmes told he told the players, "the most important thing is to make sure they take their educational process seriously and walk out of there with a degree, so they can continue to be successful, in whatever field they choose."
More Headlines From 41NBC.com:
- Taylor County Sends 3 to Fort Valley State
- Southwest Player Signs with Mercer University
- Dodge County Athlete Signs with UGA
- Four Players from Houston County High Sign with Schools Across the Country
- 2 Perry Panthers Sign to Play College Football
- 7 Peach Co. Student Athletes Sign to Play College Football
- Seven Sign Letter of Intent to Play College Football from Dublin High School
- 4 Northside Football Players Take Skills to Next Level